Applying is easy
You can get approved online or over the phone – before you head to the shops. You can even apply while you’re in store.
TIP: Apply before you head to the store to take your new goods home even faster.
The boring (but important) bits:
To rent through us you need to:
- Apply in your own name
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Have an Australian drivers licence or an Australian or New Zealand passport
- Work full time or permanent part time or be self employed
- Earn over $30,000 per year
- Have a clear credit file; no dishonours, defaults, court judgments or bankruptcies
Self-employed? We’ll confirm your income using your tax return, so you’ll need to have it handy.
Apply online or over the phone
The process shouldn't take long. We do a quick credit check, which means we’ll ask you for some details about your employment, income and expenditure – you might want to have this info ready.
If your application is successful, we’ll give you an approval reference number – you’ll need to take this with you to the store.
To complete your rental agreement, you’ll also need to take:
- Your passport or Australian drivers licence
- Your payment details (credit card or bank account number)
Apply in store
Just tell the staff at JB Hi-Fi you want to SmartWay. They’ll walk you through the process. You’ll need to have the same information with you, as we've detailed above.
The next easy steps
- Decide on the term of the rental agreement. Remember that the shorter the rental term, the higher the monthly payments
- Choose a convenient monthly rental payment date (eg. the day after you are paid)
- We’ll then email the rental agreement to the store for you to complete
- You sign the rental agreement and show your ID
Then, it’s done. You can take the brand new rental goods home.
Subject to approval. Fees, terms & conditions apply. All new rental agreements are subject to a minimum invoice value of $100. * Tax deductions may apply. SmartWay does not provide legal, tax or accounting advice. See your tax adviser for details.